Over time, I’ve been trying to comprise a list of “ultimate buys” for great body and hair care. The latest and greatest products are always great…but sometimes we don’t always have the latest and greatest kind of money :-O
So, the post of the moment is Coconut Oil.
It’s cheap, its simple – and its a great conditioner for the skin and hair. In many countries (India in particular) women coat their hair in the oil as an excellent means of conditioning and repairing/protecting their tresses. Coconut oil also gives the hair an added luster and shine.
I found numerous articles on the benefits of coconut oil, but here is a list I pulled together from a Wellsphere.com source:
– repairs damaged, dry hair and ends
– a natural treatment for dandruff
– can be used in place of body lotions/creams to moisturize dry,cracking skin
– protects skin from sun exposure and aging spots
– can help prevent (and treat) premature graying of hair
– a means of treating eczema
– a great lip moisturizer
Since this list could really go on and on and on, I think its safe to say that coconut oil is one of nature’s best beauty ingredients.
I’m definitely into trying new oils, conditioners and moisturizing products – but I also firmly believe that simple regimens and products are sometimes the best!
So please ladies, if you are in the dark – find the light :O>
:: Happy Styling ::