My verdict on the Hana Elite 1″ iron…
Grade : A –
– lightweight iron; easy to do styles like flips, curls, spirals, etc
– adjustable heat setting; heats quickly
– NO smoky or burning smell even on high settings (I ironed on about 370-375 degrees)
– straightens hair and gives it a silky/shiny finish. With previous irons, I would could get very straight hair (FHI platform) but not as much shine and swing.
– You can hold onto the plates; ample covering. With my Sedu, for instance, I would nearly burn my fingers when I wanted to hold the plates to style, because of the thin casing that enclosed the plates.
– 100% ceramic plates; important because you don’t have to worry about ceramic coating that eventually wears off – this could create “hot spots” that could fry/burn your hair.
– Two year warranty
– Kind of pricey, but I think its worth it, considering the price of some other 100% ceramic irons on the market (i.e. like the FHI Runway)
Worth the money because of the results, ease in straightening (took me 45 mins, instead of the normal 1.5 hrs) and added protection of 100% ceramic plates. I didn’t give it an A or A+ because I haven’t tried other irons that are comparable models of the Hana Elite. Currently, this iron beats out the others in my possession. I’m very pleased with the results :)
Results/ Pics – taken same time as my hair comparison pics – all done with the Hana Elite :)